15 March 2024

An Introduction

Hello and welcome~!

You may call me the Curator of Cute! I am also curatorofcute on LaceMarket.

I first discovered lolita fashion in high school, but at the time I did not have a disposable income to start collecting pieces. It was not until 2021, when I was finally able to buy my first dress, which was Atelier-Pierrot's Labyrinth Lace JSK in the black colorway. Sadly, this dress is a h e a f t y b o i. And as I live in a hot climate, it was impractical to actually wear. I was so discouraged from wearing it, and I eventually found myself losing interest in the fashion altogether. Alas, I have too many hyperfixations and not enough attention span. In December 2023, I went to a local horror convention and met a sweet lolita girl there, of all places! She unintentionally rekindled my love for lolita.

Atelier-Pierrot Labyrinth Lace JSK. I miss you baby~ ㅠoㅠ

It is my first "official" year in lolita fashion. When I think about what lolita means to me, I remember a favorite quote by Takemoto Novala, author of Kamikaze Girls.

“An existence in reality is truly loathsome…; These are the battle clothes of the precious ones, the few chosen to fight the many who lack the power to see dreams.” -Takemoto Novala

Lolita is my escape from adulthood. When I put on a beautiful dress, I am transported through time. I am a character in a Jane Austen novel. I am a bride of adventure (anyone seen Anne With An E??). I am a queen in a far off exquisite land. I'm just a pretty little lady in a dress! I feel better about my myself when I'm in lolita. I am just beautiful maiden who attends tea parties and visits friends and has all sorts of domestic hobbies. Delulu is truly my solulu.

So why am I starting a lolita fashion blog? It's a question I have asked myself a lot. Honestly I just think it would be nice to record my journey into the fashion I have admired for so long. It feels like a culmination of so many years of longing to feel like a princess. Then this year I finally get my wish and join such a wonderful community. So I want to savor this moment. Plus, doesn't it just make sense to have a blog if you wear lolita fashion? 

I am learning how to coord as I go. I get a LOT of input from my local comm. We have a discord where I post all my CIPs (coord-in-progress) to get feedback. This first coord was born though our team efforts. The second coord was all my own innovation. Not bad for a beginner :)

My first coord <3: Metamorphose Pintuck Tiered JSK, Neo-Ludwig The Whale Bones Bay Blouse, Hail Corsetry Corset Belt, Atelier-Pierrot Rose Lace Headband, Triple*Fortune Rhinestone Garter Tights, Madden Girl shoes

My second coord (same shoes as above, not shown): Enchantlic Rose Castle ~Invitation From The Duke Of Bat OP, Marble Long Gloves, Triple*Fortune Doll Bonnet, Morun x Muuna Stoik Rose's Thorn OTKs


♱ ཐི ʕ.•ﻌ•.ʔ ཋྀ 


Love & Lace,

Curator 

No comments:

Post a Comment